Ioannis Fostiropoulos is Deputy Mayor of Administration – Finance and in charge of Social Structure at the Municipality of Palaio Faliro since September 2014. He has been Deputy Mayor of Education, Social Assistance and Athletics in Municipality of Palaio Faliro (2007-2008) and (2011-2013).
He was appointed counsel of European Programs since 2013.
He is member of the board of the National Healthy Municipalities Network – city health promotion (2011-2014) and Treasurer of the board from 2014 to today.
He is Vice President and Treasurer of the National and thereafter Municipal Athletic Center of Palaio Faliro.
He has been:
– Vice President of City Council of Municipality of Palaio Faliro (1996-1997).
– Secretary of City Council of Municipality of Palaio Faliro (1994-1995). He was candidate Mayor for Palaio Faliro Municipality 2002.
– City Counsel of the Municipality of Palaio Faliro for the 6th service since 1994.
– President of the Cultural and Athletic center of the Municipality of Palaio Faliro (1997-1998).
– Vice President of Cultural and Athletic Center of the Municipality of Palaio Faliro (1998-2010).
– Member of the Institutional Committee of Local Union of Municipalities and Communities of Attica (2007-2010) & (2011-2014).
– Member of the General Convention of Regional Union of Municipalities & Central Union of Municipalities (Directory) of Greece (2011 & 2014).
– Has served as a member of TRAM AE and United Liaison of Municipalities and Communities of Attica.
He studied at the Higher Technological Institute of Athens, Bachelor in Administration of Health and Welfare.
Post graduate student of Interuniversity Interdepartmental Master Program in «Local and Regional Government and Development».
He is born on 4th November 1967, in Veria Imathia, Greece. He is a businessman, married with two children.